So for the second time now a person who I am (currently) willing to trust that they know what they are talking about has told us to get hold of the book/DVD called "The Happiest Baby on the Block". Basically this guy Harvey Karp has come up with a system for gettig crying and fussy babies to calm down and pretty much just chill out instantly. Almost sounds too good to be true.
Jen and I will probably buy it, but man some of it looks like a cross between hypnotizing a chicken and the jedi mind trick that Crocodile Dundee pulls on the water buffalo in the first movie.
http://www.thehappiestbaby.com/
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That guys does seem pretty amazing but you know, personally speaking, I'd wait until you HAD a "difficult to calm" baby before I started spending oodles of money on instructional stuff to subdue them. We got a lot of advice from various people about this book to buy and that DVD to watch, all to prepare us for the "inevitable" time that our baby was going to scream the place down for now particular reason - but in the end Jake turned out to only cry when he was hungry, tired, or that he'd crapped his pants - so to calm him down we only needed to feed him, cuddle him, put him to bed and change his nappy. So I was glad that I didn't end up spending the moola unnecessarily. Course, there's nothing wrong with putting stuff on the baby shower list - just in case ;o)
Post a Comment